Collecting and communicating accurate water consumption data will help in identifying illegal water consumption, water leakage, do predictive maintenance and efficient network planning.
BWSSB (Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board) along with Suez (French-based utility company which operates largely in the water and waste management) is reaching out to innovators / startups to co-develop and deploy disruptive solutions that can cater to the above challenge.
We are looking for startups with a passion to solve complex smart city challenges. These startups ideally have a technology / product solution that can be adapted to the water management challenges such as:
- Low cost & reliable solution for data collection (hardware and / or software)
- Cater diverse consumers like households, commercial, industrial, bulk etc.
- Cater intermittent water supply scenarios (hardware and /or software)
> Communicate & analysis:
- Information to consumers and other system (Software)
- Derive analysis for improvements in efficiency (Software)
Over a 2-3 months experimentation phase their resources would be dedicated for the implementation of the product. The team will have to travel to Bengaluru between June and August 2019.
To know more about the challenge - Please click HERE
Partners on this project will have direct access to SUEZ and BWSSB decision markers and will work closely with the dedicated innovation manager from both SUEZ and NUMA-side to accelerate the development. The support-package will include:
● 2 Lakh INR to cover the expenses and enable the solution-development (no equity taken);
● business and pitch-coaching by experienced mentors to develop a scalable business-model;
● on-demand support in user research and UX-design;
● greater visibility through inclusion in public events involving local startup ecosystem, city administration and other corporate partners in Bengaluru;
● access to global NUMA innovation-network to scale solutions.
Finally, the deployment and test of prototype will be organized in an experimental setup in Bengaluru with opportunities to build a commercial partnership.
// BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
- For startups, this challenge is the ideal platform to test a solution / new use-case with Government of Karnataka and Suez with a huge potential for scaling.
- For SUEZ, this challenge expands the exploration of creating a geo-local and cost effective solution catering to the Indian market.
Questions? Get in touch!